Tuesday, April 16

sew crazy

If you're thinking it's been a while since my last post, you'd be right. We are in full-on DIY project mode around here and that's been keeping me super busy!

Also, being a stay-at-home mom and a work-at-home artist, sometimes the two worlds collide and we have mass chaos. I remind myself often, and will also tell you, that taking care of my son is my absolute priority. Sometimes that means I don't get to sit down and post for a bit, but that's ok. I'm busy dancing to music, coloring, saying hello to the ducks at the park, watching the clouds, cooking up a new recipe, or reading books. You know, soaking up these precious, fleeting moments with my favorite little man :)
I just had to get that out there. More for my benefit than for yours, but a lovely reminder nonetheless!

On to my post...we've been going SEW crazy around here. I found this awesome, yummy, modern brown and white fabric to create some things for Everett's new room by Dwell Studio. All I had to do was order all I needed from Fabric.com and I was on my way to creative genius.
I saw this photo from 6th Street Design School and immediately fell in love. I knew I had to find some of that fabric and stat! By the way, she is totally on the same wavelength as me with the modern & slightly airplane-themed boy room she's got going on. I loved the curtains but then was pleasantly surprised they were used in a room VERY similar to the one I am designing. She and I even share a few ideas, like stringing up paper airplanes in the room! So I don't have a photo of the finished project, even though they ARE finished, because right now they're folded up on our kitchen table, ready to be hung in the new place. I'll be sure to post a photo when it's all set up :)
I bought tons of this fabric and also put together a "pouf" (which I looooooove with the lime green piping!!) for our playroom following this easy tutorial from Living With Punks. Um, her blog title is hilarious. I love that she calls her kids "punks", but in a total loving and humorous manner. Does that make me a bad mother?
And one more thing... a new crib skirt to go along with the curtains in E's room. I apologize for the crappy iPhone photo quality here. Once I get everything put together in our new space I'll take some great photos! I still have about a yard leftover and am thinking up my next project... I simply cannot wait to pull this room together and show you everything!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the fabric and that pouf!!! You're AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today!