Wednesday, June 17

back from Orlando


Well, Orlando was miserably hot but overall we had a good time. I bought some new movies for us to watch on the way down there - The Holiday and Taken. We have both seen Taken, and I bought that for Matt. Matt had seen the Holiday, but I hadn't. He told me how good it was so I just went out and bought it and we watched it and LOVED it. I have always loved Kate Winslet, I think she is so adorable and I just loved her character in the movie! I think I might watch it again today. After we finished watching it I caught Matt with a tear in his eye - that's why I love him! Just don't tell him I told :)

We went to Sea World, Magic Kingdom, Cirque du Soleil (our favorite!), Cocoa Beach, and ate some really great food! We had our anniversary dinner at the Melting Pot, which was amazing. 

We got into town late on Monday night and were exhausted and went straight to bed! So now we are back in the swing of things - Matt at work, and me on summer "vacation". I'm about to get some information together for some parents that I know who are wanting to do private art lessons for their kids this summer. I'm hoping that people will be willing to participate and it will be a great hit! I love working with kids one-on-one, and I SO don't get to do that with a classroom full of rowdy teenagers! It will be a nice change of pace.

Last night we ate our top tier of our wedding cake, which tasted surprisingly delicious, just as good as the day we ate it first!


The last year has been simply crazy, amazing, hard, stressful, and wonderful. There's a lot to adjust to in your first year of marriage, especially when your parents are getting divorced in the middle of all of it! God has really watched over us and been with us through everything. I have to remember that my number one priority is serving Christ and second only to that my priority is my loving and wonderful husband, Matt. He is so amazing and I truly could not have asked for a better man to spend the rest of my life with!

Now that we're home I'm hoping to have some really wonderful art adventures! Keeping you posted....

and now, I leave you with my favorite photo from the trip:

3 comments:

  1. Glad the trip was fun! Orlando is HOT - I played a soccer tournament there in July one year ... yikes. You guys are awesome! Can't wait to hang this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad y'all had a good time, despite the heat. Man that cake looks yummy...:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you two had a wonderful Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today!