Thursday, August 4

one of my next projects

I have a great window that I got at a junkyard. Talk about endless possibilities! I have seen people do the most creative things with old windows. I finally decided that I am going to turn mine into a chalk board and add a little shelf across the bottom of it. 


Here is an idea of what I'm talking about: 
taken from hammers & high heels
The window I have has vertical rectangular panes like this one, but with three instead of four. Some people knock out the glass and replace with painted masonite or wood. I, however, plan to paint right on the glass since it is still in good shape. I also plan to paint the panes first with magnetic paint, then with a layer of chalk paint on top, so it can be magnetic, too. 

Also, they now make chalk MARKERS which look just like chalk but without the mess! As soon as it cools down a little outside I'm going to get to work on this! Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Chalk markers?!?! That's genius!!! Teachers get excited over crazy stuff (I'm speaking of myself as well here ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today!