Wednesday, September 19

living a passionate life

For many people, it may be hard to discover their niche. Some people go through life not knowing what they believe in, what they're good at, what they are passionate about. Sometimes people fail to commit or fully invest themselves in something because they are afraid of failing. My response? It's better to make mistakes working toward your goal than to not even try at all.
My tips for living a passionate life?
1. Smile more
2. Seek beauty in the small things
3. Understand there is more to life than you and your small corner of the world. Travel. Explore. 
4. Define your dreams, and chase them. Stop at nothing.
5. Figure out what you believe in, and believe it with all your heart. Share it with others. 
5. Try something new
6. Listen to music
I found the following image on Pinterest and I love it. Julia Child is such an inspiration. Did you know she was 32 years old when she began cooking? And yet she is well-known around the world, in and out of the kitchen. You don't have to have it all figured out at 18, 20, even 25. Sometimes it takes a while to discover your passion and purpose in life. Julia knew what she loved and she went for it; it became her passion and her legacy.
As an artist, I am so inspired by this quote from Julia. It fuels me even on the days I find myself out of "creative juices". The only way I can develop as an artist and stay tremendously interested in my passions is if I spend time and energy investing in them. I must practice every day, search for inspiration in even the most unlikely places, and seek to live creatively even amongst the mundane tasks of everyday life. 
As a Christian, I want to be a passionate person living life fully for Christ. More importantly, it's the woman GOD wants me to be. One of my favorite verses is Colossians 3:23, And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men. 
This is one of my all-time favorite "camp songs", I Have a Passion for My God
Regardless of faith or background - ask yourself, "Am I living a passionate life?" If not - why not? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today!