Wednesday, March 27

finished diy growth chart

I had the pleasure of finishing my growth chart the other night and I have to say I am THRILLED with the result!

After hubby helped me trim off the extra board and hooked me up with his electric sander, I turned into a madwoman in the garage. I think distressing is one of my favorite things to do because there's no rhyme or reason to it. Also, you can let out a little stress in the process. The beauty just kind of appears as you're working. The thing is, you have to learn how to "leave well enough alone" when distressing or you can get a little crazy and completely destroy your work.

Well, here it is! I can't WAIT to see it in our new playroom!
when on the wall, the bottom will be 1' up from the floor



The funniest part is when I showed Matt the end result, he said, "Why did you do that?!" (asking about the distressing). I guess he liked it better when it was crisp and clean but I just had to give it a little "character".
I encourage you to make your own if you haven't yet! Here's the original DIY post I followed for guidance.

Happy day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today!