Friday, April 9

high school art

today I took my advanced students to the Rachofsky House for a nice little visit :) we spent the entire school day there and I almost cried seeing them so richly involved in the experience of being there and soaking it all in.
it was a very, very good day.

in other news, i was reading another artist's blog and read about this really cool technique I am going to try out where she places wet plaster cloth on top of muslin (i guess any type of fabric, stretched or not, or  even paper would work) and after it is smoothed out and dry, she paints/draws on it. the fabric or paper behind it gives it a little bit of a backing. going to experiment with this and also see what my kids think :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post:) it makes me SO HAPPY!!! wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today!