Friday, June 14

big day!

Today is a rather memorable day for three reasons.

Today is our fifth anniversary
Wow. Am I the luckiest girl in the world, or what? These first 5 years of our marriage have been really blessed, though not without challenges. At times it seems that our first years together have been filled with nothing BUT challenges, physical ailments, and heartache. Then I look through old photos and videos and I can't help but smile at all the happy memories we have made together and the laughter we have shared. I can't believe it's been five years! I put an awesome video montage together for my man of some of the fun times we've shared through our engagement and marriage so far. Job changes, adopting a pet, surgeries and sickness, buying our first (and second) house, cars, and of course welcoming our little one into our family - we've already been through so much! Here's to the next 5, 10, 25, and 50!
Today is little man's 18-month birthday
He was born on our 3 1/2 year anniversary, making today a day that we get to share with our officially one and a HALF year-old. If you ask me, that means we are in full swing of the "toddler years" and boy, are they fun. The best thing about having a toddler? Seeing the changes and developments literally happen every single day. Our biggest thing right now is talking. He surprises us with words & sounds he knows each day, and even more surprising is to see him connect them with animals/people/objects around him. He is SO smart! Ok, enough bragging on my kid.
Today we have been in our house for one month
One month ago today we got the keys to our house and stormed in with a to-do list a mile long. While we've accomplished a surprising amount of work, we still have more to go before we feel settled. Here's a few snapshots of our work in progress.
 painting little man's room
picking a gray for the playroom (after painting the chair rail lime green) 
little man lends a hand painting his bathroom 

Tonight we are heading to our favorite "nice" restaurant for dinner and then going to see a movie. We want to see either The Great Gatsby (one of my favorite books) or Man of Steel {Superman}. I gave my guy the choice and I think we're planning on Man of Steel, even though deeply inside I was really leaning towards Gatsby. It's all about sacrifice, people.

Hope you have a lovely weekend, as I'm sure we will, too!

1 comment:

  1. SO MANY amazing things to celebrate! The Swansons are celebrating with you! Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today!