1. Painted the walls charcoal grey (Porcelain Shale by Valspar)
2. Taken the curtains from the living room, shortened them, and hung them in their new home
5. Purchased our cognac couch
6. Purchased a sleek new floor lamp at Ikea
7. The vintage marquee M has arrived and has been hung
It's pretty expensive to throw a room together from scratch. In our old house, we had one main multi-purpose living area, but in this house we have designed the rooms in separate spaces, and the "old", smaller TV is now in our bedroom. So we really are putting a completely new room together. It's probably a good thing this room is taking some time and money to complete, because it helps us take our time with our ideas for the design.
Also, since my last update I've put away the idea that I would - in any way - be able to "fix" the airplane painting (even my new idea). I'm going to reprint the photo and take it in a new direction, but here's a peek once I kind of figured out what I was going to do - but on the first copy.