Wednesday, July 24

what helps your productivity?

I have recently discovered an odd quirk about myself. I am infinitely more productive when my nails are painted. I have NO idea why. Maybe it's because it makes me feel fancy, or professional, or maybe it's because I like to see them in action. Either way, whenever they are painted (preferably the current, Essie's "Sunday Funday"), I am KILLING my to-do lists. I often make more than one in each day because I fly through the first one.

When I taught, I would never have my nails painted because it usually lasted less than one day. With my hands constantly in clay, wire, newspaper, glue, paint, and being washed every 3.5 seconds, even the best polish didn't stand a chance. So I'm LOVING that I can keep my nails nice and pretty for a week or two at a time now.

So, that's what's going on around here this week! Our house is almost spotlessly clean, new decor has been set out & hung, errands are run, the fridge is stocked with homemade goodies, I completed my online defensive driving course in one day, and I'm currently wrapping up my paintings for VBS that are due TOMORROW. Yikes.

Good thing my nails are done...

Is there anything that jump starts YOU into "get 'er dun" mode? I'd love to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. I totally bought that color too! I don't know what it is, but there's definitely a transformation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this color! I love the little subtle sparkle - coral has always been one of my favorites!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog today!