Friday, February 28

they're up

This past Sunday & Monday I worked on the curtains for baby Mo's room and am SO pleased with the results. The room is starting to really take on a personality, and will even more so in the coming week when we find out some important details that will give our room its direction. We can't wait to show you what we do with this room! So many ideas on hold, I can hardly stand it!!
The panels are lined, which give it a more professional, finished look, and add just a little bit more shade when closed. This room gets pretty dark on its own, so instead of a blackout liner, I just went with a regular, light-weight liner. 

I originally made a rod pocket across the top of the panels, but since the fabric + lining is pretty thick altogether, I wasn't crazy about the way they bunched up. So today we swing by Lowe's to grab some curtain clip rings, like we used in little man's room. I like the way you can pull the curtains open and closed so easily with them, and they help the panels hang a little more straight. I probably need to iron these bad boys again, and may raise the rod just a tad. Haven't decided if I'm crazy about the slight puddle on the bottom, but it will probably be ok. I'll have to walk by a few hundred more times before I make a final decision on that...

The window is really small, so I actually took the rod out 14" on each side of the window to give the illusion of a larger window. How many times can I say "window" in one sentence? 

This slub fabric is perfect, and I love the energy the bold pattern brings into the room. It will compliment nicely with the rest of our decor. I know, I know, I'm really keeping you on your toes! Trust me, no one is more impatient right now than yours truly :/
I plan to also make the crib skirt and a cushion (for the playroom, to go with little man's) out of the same fabric, just like I did for him.  
^ ^ like this ^ ^
Glad to check another item off my list! A few major items to go... and the next time you hear from me, we will be sharing some exciting news!
  • paint grey walls
  • paint white focal wall
  • sew and hang new curtains
  • lay out design for focal wall
  • paint color(s) on focal wall once we find out the sex of baby "Mo"
  • get rid of full bed
  • bring in new crib, dresser, and shelves
  • make bedding (crib skirt & teething guard)
  • bring orange glider in from little man's room
  • accessorize shelves
  • hang art on wall
  • eventually update ceiling fan and doorknobs
  • have a baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today!